New AWX 130 owner + drivers door lock issues

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

ACF
still on the production line
Passat model: B5.5 Estate

New AWX 130 owner + drivers door lock issues

Post by ACF »

Hi all,

Just wanted to say cheers for all of the help to be found on this forum and ask a bit of advice. I picked up a cheap 53 plate AWX 130 estate on 170k in November for motorway bashing and have been very impressed with the car, ~48mpg average over 5000 miles so far! It's rough to look at but seems mechanically good, recent cambelt change, lot of receipts for suspension work front and back and a new heater matrix so hopefully solid for a while now. Bit of a rattle on the DMF but is quiet at motorway speeds. Had a few smaller issues which I've been able to sort out from advice I've found on here.

Spent this morning doing what nearly everyone else has had to do, clearing plenums drains, sealing the pollen filter housing and drying out the carpet on the passenger side. Got a fan heater chugging away in there now for the afternoon. Luckily the CCM seems to be dry and in-tact, and after re-soldering some corroded joints I've got central locking back on all doors except the drivers. I've also had the drivers door apart to try and sort some locking/lighting issues.

I can unlock manually using the key, but using the fob the stalk on the drivers lock just sort of wobbles but doesn't do much. I've also got intermittent interior lights which I guess is damaged microswitches. So it seems overall I should just replace the drivers door lock and get it all sorted. Is it worth buying used versions, or just asking for trouble? If anyone can point me to a reasonably priced new one for sale that would be appreciated.

Cheers :-bd

This topic has 20 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login