Headlight relay placement.

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: vwnutant, desertstorm, water01

dvhttn
Too much time on your hands
Passat model: B5.5 PD130 Sport

Headlight relay placement.

Post by dvhttn »

Right. When I've fixed the front end and had the headlights properly aligned .... it'll be relay time. Checked the voltage at the lights the other day and it's a bit dismal. Using the battery neg. post as the earth I got a voltage drop of 1.5V on dip and 2V on main (compared to battery voltage, consistant on both lights). Been looking at where to place the relays and I'll probably put them behind the battery (bungs have been removed!) rather than the front of the car as it makes next to no difference on length of new wiring needed and it's 'out of the way'. I'll use relays with 2x output (i.e. 2x #87 poles) and wiring in the O/P bit is easy. But where does the headlight wiring go in the engine bay so I can take off a dip and main feed for the switch side? I know where it is at the headlight but don't want to run a new cable all the way back.

Anyone got a diagram/picture of the nearest one of the headlight harnesses comes to the battery?

Ta.
-----
Dave
Carpe diem ....

This topic has 6 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login