Just got stitched right up

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

B5before
still on the production line
Passat model: B5.5

Just got stitched right up

Post by B5before »

What is it they say about a fool and his money?
Well I spent 8 hours on coaches and trains on Saturday to pick up a Passat 1.9tdi from Brighton and I live in Bristol.
Bidder blind on eBay but plenty of history,full VWdealer up until around 100,000 miles then independents.3 owners from new 2 being father and daughter.
Cambelt done and regular pads,proper oil and filter changes etc..etc.
Paid deposit via PayPal few weeks ago as was broke because of Xmas like a lot of us.
So met guy and read through all history and receipts,seemed sound enough.I had bid and won the car so I paid balance (car cost me £700).Yes I know it’s not a lot of money but to me at the moment it’s a lot,a snake with tits,sorry ex wife battered me financially and I lost the lot but hey that’s another story.
Drove home ok.
Next day pulling off from standstill when cold and warmed up after a run it was completely unresponsive via the accelerator.i would put it in gear and pull off then within a couple of yards nothing,no acceleration- at all.Then foot off accelerator and gingerly back on and fine again,accelerated away no problem.This happens every time I get in car and drive off.
The ESP light comes on intermittently too.
Now I parked it up tonight and was going to transfer my work gear into it from my old car,now sorned and untaxed.
On approaching my car I noticed the brake lights were all on,including the high level one.Car wouldn’t open on central locking and was completely flat.
Will be using my girlfriends Mx/5 for a while now.

Here’s a long shot,has anyone got a B5.5 Passat tdi that has been really well looked after with clutch and cambelt done and lots of history that they will sell to me?
I can get a deposit together by Friday but will need a coup,e of weeks to get rest of money.
I’m hoping they’re might be an obsessive meticulous owner out there who has one surplus to requirements.
I doubt it but I got to ask.

Also need to borrow a pick axe handle,a balaclava and a good alibi. :-c

This topic has 30 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login