Drivers Footwell Puddle....

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

jerryfudd
B1
Passat model: 2004 B5.5 Estate

Drivers Footwell Puddle....

Post by jerryfudd »

Hi,

Well I had hoped to get some good pics by now however the only time I had it out it ended up looking like I'd done a rally stage.

There was a small bit of damp in the drivers footwell so replaced the entire pollen filter housing (despite the problem being on the drivers side), aswell as the ECU housing gasket and cleaned and gave the bonnet release grommet a good dose of silicone... unfortunately in white as its all I had laying around (which was the only other place that showed signs of pooling water). I've also tipped water down the sunroof drains and watched it successfully route its way out.

Both plenum rubbers have been removed aswell as the nipples in the door being snipped - by previous owner or garage.

After the above I expected it to get dryer but didn't so I pulled the carpet and the little bit of damp was wicking up from a small puddle (forming in the lower section of the pic below). I dried it up and left the carpet up a bit but after rain over night the puddle is forming again and I'm out of ideas of what to check next.

...the bonnet release after the silicone

....and from the ad heres the car

....and the antenna I replaced as it looked liked someone had been chewing on it

Dan

This topic has 6 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login