Has anyone considered a H4 conversion on a B5.5?

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

steviemac
B6
Passat model: B5.5 1.9Tdi AVB

Has anyone considered a H4 conversion on a B5.5?

Post by steviemac »

Been giving some thought to my headlights. The lenses are clear, not yellowed. I have tried both HID’s and LED’s and ended up switching back to Nightbreakers. I find the problem with both is that they are fine when the roads are dry, but when it’s raining heavily (or more recently in Germany snowing like hell) there is no real range or throw of light on the road. Having had a dig around on the Internet I’ve found some info that confirms my thoughts on voltage drop, and how to reduce it using relay-controlled direct feeds from the battery, but now I’ve got a thought in my head about trying a H4 bulb, obviously with the relevant mods to the bulb holder and harness. Just curious as to whether somebody has tried this before - would the (switchable) second filament provide a worthwhile gain given the cutoff shutters in the standard projector?

Any thoughts??

This topic has 8 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login