Seized track rod end

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

scott_higgy
B1

Seized track rod end

Post by scott_higgy »

hi guys after some advice/help.

I recently sold my Renault 5 GT Turbo and purchased a B5.5 130PD AWX Wagon a couple of weeks back from this forum as the GTT wasn't getting used and was just sat there.

This is my first venture into VW so still finding my way around the car etc. Theres a few few little things i need to sort like rear parking sensors that are playing up, drivers heated seat not working, few bits and bobs missing which is all minor.

When i bought the car i was told it would need a new rear tyre for its MOT due Jan, with the current weather i found the car spinning for fun so checked the tyres and realised i needed 4 new tyres. The car was also pulling to the left so while getting the tyres replaced i asked them to do the tracking for me.

Unfortunately they couldn't do it, they told me that the outer track rod end was seized to the inner tie rod.

after a search on flea bay i found this set which includes drop links.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-PASSAT-TI ... SwopRYZmoO

I appreciate these and top of the range, but will do for now.

im just unsure if they will fit as they don't show fitment for the B5.5 130 hp. If someone could confirm they fit i'd appreciate it.
I have a haynes manual to use as a guide.

Any help would be appreciated.

This topic has 33 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login