Help! Door disaster.

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

Oriskany
B1
Passat model: B5

Help! Door disaster.

Post by Oriskany »

Yesterday I resealed my pollen filter housing and cleaned out my plenum. I then lifted the carpet and dried out the wiring. No signs of any corrosion and no damp in the CCM box. Dried the carpet - happy days.

Today I decided to hoover out the car and the rear passenger door won't open from the outside or inside. I disconnected the battery for a while but no joy. I have removed the door trim and window regulator panel from inside the car without breaking anything but now I'm stuck - I simply cannot get the door to open though I can see and access the locking mechanism.

I wonder whether the deadlock is "stuck on" perhaps due to a wiring fault that I've disturbed but the central locking does clunk and the button goes up an down. Any suggestions gratefully received as my window is now held up with tape and it'll fail its next MOT like this.

I wouldn't mind manually releasing the deadlock if that's what it is with a battery and some wires but which pins do I use and which polarity?

B5 1.8 saloon 189K but good.

This topic has 26 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login