PD 130 AWX Owners, I Need To Ask A Massive Favour...

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

RandomPrecision
still on the production line
Passat model: B5.5

PD 130 AWX Owners, I Need To Ask A Massive Favour...

Post by RandomPrecision »

To cut a long story short my (New to me) Passat PD 130 has an engine warning light and codes for coolant temperature sensor issues, but also a reciept/bill from the previous owner for a new sensor fitted by a local garage less than six months ago *Confusing*

Before I start looking for shorts/replacing the sensor, one thing I've spotted is that the fan control sensor/switch at the bottom right hand side of the radiator looks new and is a green colour.... The fan sensors I can see for sale are a variety of colours but don't ever seem to be green leading me to have a sneaky suspiscion that the previous owners mechanic may have fitted a new CTS in the raidator :roll:

My request is really simple, could one of you (Or even a couple if possible) PD130 owners take a minute and have a quick glance at the fan switch sensor found poking out of the bottom right hand corner of the pipework at the base of the radiator, is yours green?

Again, thanks in advance for any help guys :)

This topic has 51 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login