LEDs for wing mounted repeaters

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

maclee
Too much time on your hands
Passat model: B3

LEDs for wing mounted repeaters

Post by maclee »

Being an older car mine has the indicator repeaters set in the wings, not in the mirrors.

I have never really been very happy with their brightness, despite being new housings, so I have been trying LEDs. Anyone who has sought LEDs for this application will know that many of them do not fit into the housing, which is only just big enough to accommodate a conventional bulb.

I found some LEDs that were encapsulated in silicone, were nice and bright, but unfortunately, rather than illuminating the amber that was claimed, it was much more a lemon yellow.

I have since found, very cheaply on ebay, some LEDs that do fit into the housing and illuminate brightly, and with a correct amber/orange glow. The illumination is much better than with a conventional bulb.

If you are looking for such things, splash out £1 for a pair and try these:

Ebay item number 272572142494
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

This topic has 1 reply

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login