passats

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

bobfish45
B7
Passat model: b5

passats

Post by bobfish45 »

I often wonder when I am driving modern cars in for mot why I feel such a liking for our model of passat. I set off early this morning for South Wales, a round trip of 350 miles to pick up some Audi s4 brakes.
We all know the joys of present day motorway driving, but I had a fairly light m6, m5, m50 and m4, and do you know, that car was brilliant. Admittedly you have to drive them, no such thing as lounging in Bently style luxury and setting cruise control, no quiet effortless sliding along, but I don't think that's what a passat is about. You are aware of the steering, noise, poo windscreen wipers, expressions of audi and bmw drivers as you go by and disappear into the distance, and just the stubborn look of a nicely lowered wagon with decent wheels going fast. I felt great in mine today leaving everything far behind, even a few that stayed for a while before dropping away. The car was faultless, although a Saab 2.3 aero left me for a while on sheer acceleration but he eventually said f**k it.
They are a great car, treat 'em right and they give so much pleasure. Manchester to Cardiff return? 6 hours of fun.
, cheers Rod.

p.s. including Mcd at stafford :D

This topic has 13 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login