Thinking about adding to my collection...

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

MiniMental
B7
Passat model: B5.5 PD175 5-Spd

Thinking about adding to my collection...

Post by MiniMental »

Howdy Guys n gals,

I've been having a think lately and I'm considering getting another Passat to Mod and do up, that would be, get my 1.9PD in good nick, maybe even resprayed but keep it pretty much standard other than common mods (remap, fmic, straight through etc)

The car I'm thinking about going for is a ~2002-3 2.8 4mo Manual Wagon. With the intention of supercharging it, big brakes, etc etc. And having it as a "meet" or "Sunday" car. I love the B5 platform and every time I go searching I look at RS6's, S4's etc etc but always end up on VW - Passat - Estate - All Wheel Drive.... I know the Passats of that age inside out on the most part. So it seems like a good idea..

Could anybody possibly shed any light on this? I know there are SC kits available from the states, and even Flux provided a quote of £850p/annum for one with (<26% Power increase, Superchargjng, uprated brakes, non-standard filters etc etc) so even legit, it's affordable to me. What else would be required to supercharge one. I'm imagining some head work or compression ratio mods etc and an obvious custom mapping session, but I wanna build to it.

Any help/advice/input appreciated. And yes, I've considered an S4 etc etc, but looking for something unique and different ATM. Always had a thing for super chargers. I just love the noise!

Cheers,
Aidan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by MiniMental on Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
2005 B5.5 S PD175 1.9TDi Wagon... I Love it...
Labour of love...

This topic has 37 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login