A 1st time Passat owner

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

Don Kiddick
Passat model: b5.5

A 1st time Passat owner

Post by Don Kiddick »

Good Evening all, This is my 1st post as I became a passat b5.5 owner only 10 days ago.
Iv'e just treated myself to a 2003 53reg tdi 130 awx saloon SE 5/speed, I have been after one for ages but they all seem to be sky high mileages, but, to my surprise, I finally found one with only 54,000miles, one owner from new,full sevice history, I drove it home from Derby back to the North west (80 mile) and I have to say I am well pleased, the 130 PD is a peach of an engine.
I have recently retired and have plenty of spare time for doing jobs on my new love. Over the last 12months or so I have done lots of research on this forum and Honest John's, to prepare myself, so in the last few days here is what Iv'e done.
1-remove and copperslip the famous top strut pinch bolt.
2-same with the track rod ends.
3-cleaned out the egr valve, although it wasn't to bad, really easy to do on an awx.
4-the front wings looked quite good, and will take the wheel arch liners off and check the wings.
The only real problem on the car is a broken front coil spring, ....is the best place to buy these Europarts and GSF. ?
Cheers.

This topic has 9 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login