Wrong Fuel in PD

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

Critical_Mass
Too much time on your hands
Passat model: B5.5 1.9S TDI SW

Wrong Fuel in PD

Post by Critical_Mass »

Hi All,

Had a brain fart today after work (after a loooong friday at work) and ended up putting £20 worth of petrol in the car. Realised my mistake and put a further £40 in which then gave it a full tank. Car Start and ran fine down the motorway, maybe 8-10 miles. Then going up hill off the motorway slip road, lights turned red so i dipped the clutch and it stalled and wouldnt start again.

Got towed to my parents, on the way i managed to jump start the car and drove the almost rest of the way, even stopping at junctions where i had to drop the clutch and the car was fine. Final t junction before parents, up hill again and it stalled. Again managed to bump start it fine.

So once its running its fine, but wont start without bumping from what it seems.

Put some 2 stroke oil in also, bought a new filter and some diesel treatment.

So my question is, will it be ok, once ive changed the filter do you think?

Ive done this before on a B5 (AFN) and topping up with diesel and changing the fuel filter and it was fine. But dont know if its the same with the PD engine?

Cheers
KGB B5 1.9 TDI SE[/color - RIP 23/11/2012
B5.5 1.9 S 130 TDI SW- 24/11/2012 >>>> SOLD 01/05/2018

This topic has 11 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login