New keyfob + immobiliser chip needed.

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

dvhttn
Too much time on your hands
Passat model: B5.5 PD130 Sport

New keyfob + immobiliser chip needed.

Post by dvhttn »

OK. Always had a second keyfob with the car (B5.5, 2002 model year) but never had it programmed to actually start the engine, it was just a spare to unlock things if I'd locked the good key inside. So, remote and manual lock/unlock worked i.e. the key had been cut for the locks. Now the original has started to play up (battery dies after 3/4 days - from reading about it would seem that the PCB in the fob has been damaged/cracked/whatever) I've had to put the bits that work into one working key so want to obtain a second one - preferably as cheaply as possible. The only thing that's usable from the old one is the key blade as that's been cut for my car so not needed. However, getting second hand fobs seems a bit of a lottery as the PCB in those could well be damaged. Also, I see fobs described as "PART NO. HLO 1JO 959 753 AH - FREQUENCY 434MHZ" for example, but I see no indication of these part number on my fob, inside or out. Nor the frequency (though I assume that if described as being for my car it "should" work?). And with the Photobucket changes recently a lot of forum posts/web sites have lost access to their pictures, so not helpful ..... :sad:

So can anyone link me to a reputable company/Ebay link where I can get a new fob with PCB? Or is a new one only from VW?
Plus a new transponder chip?

Plus links to the SW/cable needed to program the ECU (I have VCDSLite + cable but I don't believe that works?)

Thanks in advance.
-----
Dave
Carpe diem ....

This topic has 8 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login