Open and close windows with key fob - what's involved?

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

Kaos-Industries
Passat model: B5.5

Open and close windows with key fob - what's involved?

Post by Kaos-Industries »

Hi there,

I have a 2005 B5.5 that I'm wanting to enable window roll up/down with the key fob, but after doing some research I have a few questions, and would appreciate if this forum's more experienced coders could help resolve them.

So far while researching I've come across two different methods, the easier but limited motordiag software and the more advanced VCDS method detailed here: http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/. I'm trying to find out more on just how complicated the second method is, but all the information out there on this subject tends to be years old.

First question - are these the only two programming (i.e. non-module or -hardware modification) methods that exist out there for this purpose?

Second - just how hard is the VCDS method? Does it still require a serial cable, and does it need to be a genuine VAG COM one? Is it possible to source the software free? Does it still need a computer running DOS or Windows XP? Is there no chance at all that it can be done on Windows 7?

I appreciate these are a lot of questions, but I'm new to the Passat scene, and I'd really appreciate the help. Thanks in advance!

This topic has 10 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login