A/C Compressor to Condensor Hose Replacement

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

grandmasterorge
B1
Passat model: B5

A/C Compressor to Condensor Hose Replacement

Post by grandmasterorge »

Hi All,

I have had no working aircon since I got the car 2 years ago, I have found a large hole in the compressor to condensor pipe (Passat B5.5, VW part 3B0 260 701 B), I have a replacement part which I wish to fit but have a road trip to Andorra coming up on Monday evening so I think I'll struggle to get it into a garage before then, but working aircon would be an absolute dream for that trip.

Does anyone have a link to a guide on replacing this part DIY? It's just a hose with a one bolt connection to each end so replacing the actual part itself shouldn't be too taxing but accessing the bolts might be, I don't want to start pulling the car apart if I can help it due to it needing to work on Monday.

Pulling the bumper off is no problem, I've never put the lock carrier into the service position though, the pipe is currently sheared in two and has been for at least 2 years so I suspect the system is entirely drained of refrigerant.

I've stolen an image from another users thread but it's this hose for reference.

Thanks in advance,

George.

This topic has 13 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login