nightmare day

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

bobfish45
B7
Passat model: b5

nightmare day

Post by bobfish45 »

How many of you have had a straightforward day that turns into a complete nightmare?
I started at 0800 taking off my 321mm discs to replace with s4 calipers and discs. By 0900 all was done and ready to bleed brakes. Bled brakes and went for test drive,FFS!!! horrible grinding noise, back on the ramp! It looks as though the new discs are not seating correctly on the hub and a check with previous discs confirms the centre bore is 3mm smaller. OK out with the dremel and modify the centre bore, bearing in mind I had been assured by the seller these discs would fit s4 set up. Hole enlarged, calipers back on, test drive, FFS! Back on the hoist, calipers OFF AGAIN! turns out the discs have a 3mm height difference to the 321mm discs, so nothing to be done at this stage.
Calipers OFF AGAIN,change the carriers and discs back to the 321mm set up, i.e.the 8am set up, calipers ON AGAIN and call it a day at 2.30 pm. A simple job turned into a monster.
So now I have to find a way round that 3mm deficit between hub and disc. Thank the lord for Stella ^:)^

This topic has 11 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login