Traction Control Light Coming On After Tyres Replaced

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

grandmasterorge
B1
Passat model: B5

Traction Control Light Coming On After Tyres Replaced

Post by grandmasterorge »

Hi All,

I had all 4 tyres replaced by the local decent tyre place the other day, after picking up the car and going for a drive every now and then the traction control light will flash on the dash and cut all power to the throttle, the first time was as I was accelerating to join the motorway in 3rd from a roundabout so I thought perhaps it'd lost traction as it was raining but it has repeatedly happened since, always when changing speed up or engine braking down. This probably happened 5 times in a 90 minute drive, it has never happened before this.

It feels electronic rather than something slipping, the second I release the throttle the light clears and I can accelerate as normal, same for if I just touch the brake or clutch pedal so my bet is on a sensor somewhere, also if I switch off ASR the car does not seem to throw the issue.

Any advice on where I'm best to start? I'm driving to Spain a week Monday so it'd be good to have the car in good shape.

Cheers,

George.

This topic has 14 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login