B5.5 CCM Wiring Woes :(

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

abe46
Passat model: b5.5

B5.5 CCM Wiring Woes :(

Post by abe46 »

Hi folks,

I have just bought my first Passat - 2003 2l Petrol SE variant. 101k on the clock, fsh, two owners from new and the guy I bought it off had it for 11 years. Paid £600 for a seemingly bargain!

I've only had it for a few weeks now, but have started noticing some little electrical gremlins, mainly to do with central locking/electric windows and interior lights having a mind of their own. Doing a google search for this issues all points to the CCM/CCM wiring, so I thought I'd rip the carpet out to see what the wiring is like.

Thinking it may be obvious i.e. one frayed wiring etc... but opening up the CCM box revealed the below!

Looks like a fix has been attempted with the wiring, and these wires below aren't even connected to anything, they were just taped together!

Can anyone advise what my options are here?

Do I find a Passat that is breaking, and ask for this section of the wiring if it's fully intact and splice it into the existing loom? (Removing the bits covered in electrical tape). I am assuming an original section from another passat would have the same wires/colour codings for ease of splicing)

OR

Take it to VW/Local garage for them to re-do the wiring? (Is this likely to cost big ££s?)

Any help would be appreciated! I am now slightly out of my depth but don't want to spend too much as currently saving for a house deposit #-o

Thank you,

Abe

This topic has 9 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login