Do the two bushings on each front lower suspension arm last substantially longer than the ball joint at the end of each

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

mikeote
still on the production line
Passat model: B5.5

Do the two bushings on each front lower suspension arm last substantially longer than the ball joint at the end of each

Post by mikeote »

Hey guys,

Thanks for looking at my thread. Do the two bushings on each front lower suspension arm last substantially longer than the ball joint at the end of each arm?

The reason I ask is that upgraded bushings are available for sale individually and the ball joint is not, my Haynes manual says the ball joint is none replaceable (as the metal moulding covers the back of the ball joint so it can't be pressed out). If the ball joint lasts the same amount of time as the bushings then there's no point in using the upgraded bushings as I'll have to replace the whole thing once the ball joint wears out.

If there's a VW tech who says it's only once in a blue moon that the ball joint on this arm needs replacing I'll go ahead with the upgraded bushings, if not I'll just go ahead with the full arm purchases (Mayle HD).

Cheers!
Mike

This topic has 3 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login