v6 tdi

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

bobfish45
B7
Passat model: b5

v6 tdi

Post by bobfish45 »

I picked up the tdi estate belonging to ryan off the forum on Tuesday, the aux belt had snapped and was wrapped around the crank pully. All the front is off now and quite a lot of superficial damage was caused but the cam belt didn't break. I was toying with putting it back on the road but wing and tailgate corrosion persuaded me otherwise.
The point is, it has oe xenons which will spend the rest of their life in my car. Has anyone fitted oe xenons to a non xenon car? if so are there any tips to make life easier or should I just leave the self levelling off? It has opened a few possibilities for me in that if the clutch is good enough, and ryan stated it's only done about 40k, along with the gearbox it may open the door to fit a bv 43 turbo without spending a bomb on an uprated clutch! I think I will attempt to get the engine running and sell as a runner. Lots of bits will be going in the classifieds shortly, all chrome rubbing strips as well!

This topic has 3 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login