2.5 V6 TDI 1999 Manual - Exhaust help

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

muntahunta
Passat model: b4

2.5 V6 TDI 1999 Manual - Exhaust help

Post by muntahunta »

Hi, i'm looking for some advice regarding my Passat 2.5 V6 1999.
The person i've bought it off seems to have done a botch job on an exhaust, it looks like some scabby scaffolding pipe.

I've had a look underneath and it has a flex attached straight to the back of the turbo and from there it is basically some different lengths of pipe welded together with no cat or backbox.
I want to bring this car back to its former glory and get it running like it should and I'm starting with this.
The problem is that I have no idea if the flex should be that high or whether I need a downpipe, I also have no idea where to find a new exhaust.

I checked eBay and when I put my passat details in (1999, 2.5 tdi) it is only giving me the choice of a 3b3 (listing a B5 as an estate, which mine is not).
There are very few parts on ebay which are well beyond my price range as the exhaust seems to be rarer than unicorns.

What would be the cheapest option for me to get a working exhaust until I can afford to get a custom stainless made?
Should I buy a downpipe and does anyone know where I would get one that would fit?
Do the parts have to be specifically made for a 2.5 or would a 1.9 fit for now?

I'm useless at this haha.

This topic has 1 reply

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login