Blacksmoke remaps

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

lacroupade
B2
Passat model: B5.5

Blacksmoke remaps

Post by lacroupade »

Just a general question because I know a few on here are familiar with these....and I'm asking it because here in France they already fail you on a basic EML and will then log in with OBD for a look see so they can retest whatever the issue was when you've had the problem sorted and the light extinguished, and theres talk that OBD connection may become standard in future....in my case I had an EML simply because the coolant temp sensor was bolloxed - hardly a test failure you'd think but apparently so. :shock:

..so, do these remaps do anything to emissions, or show anything in the ECU data that would show an emissions anomaly? I think its really only emissions they're interested in for now, although the implication of OBD connection by default would imply they migt start looking for other stuff. Worst case (and the controle technique lasts two years not one) its not a chore to reload the original map then reburn the upgraded one again afterwards but I just thought I'd ask.

Lets hope its not "coming to a garage near you" any time soon :esm

This topic has 4 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login