Noisy fan?

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

Anatonic
Passat model: B5.5

Noisy fan?

Post by Anatonic »

Hi chaps

So I've been slowly working my way around the car and replacing bits as I go - usual water ingress items like pollen filter housing now all addressed and fixed! Just to sort the wiring out in the passenger footwell and then do an oil change to tick off the major jobs. Also thinking about changing the coolant temp sensor, thermostat and doing a coolant flush at some point too to keep things sweet. Any other 'preventative' ideas are welcome!

However, I did notice when working under the bonnet that one of the fans at the front (think the smaller one) seems to be a little noisy when the car is turned off and it spins down. I've filmed it to see what you think, but any ideas if this is an issue?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XCW7ho3yKw

I'm naturally paranoid and since I'm making a list of jobs to get the car running sweet as a nut, I figured I'd add this on there if it is! :esm
Last edited by Anatonic on Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

This topic has 7 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login