Passat b5.5 1.9 tdi awx boost problem

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

Yuri
still on the production line
Passat model: B5.5 , B6

Passat b5.5 1.9 tdi awx boost problem

Post by Yuri »

Hi again. Guys,does anyone know if n75 solenoid can be dying slowly or is it sudden problem? Thing is that i was having slight boost problem when car is cold,but at that time i thought it was not a problem,just diesel engine is cold and needs to warm up slightly before it goes as it should,but now i know that it was developing a problem. Car was pulling like a train and last saturday it started giving me problems with low boost,or if to be accurate,boost was very delayed and turbo lag was unsualy long. I thought that its due to car only used in town for short trips,so i took it to Birmingham. On the way there, i gave it some revs to try and clear or dirt etc. So i gave it 4000 revs in second and 3rd gear,and after that,the turbo lag is even worse now. I have checked vac pipes to the turbo actuator and n75 solenoid and i found that there is very little vacuum from n75 to turbo vnt actuator and that rod wich move geometry in turbo is hardly moving at all. I then tried to connect main vacuum hose to the actuator and i can see that rod moved about half inch,so it is correct,but as soon as i connect it as normal,through n75,i am not getting enough vac to move actuator up. Also was trying different thing with vac pipes and tried to disconnect vac pipe from air filter box to n75 and then actuator rod moved as mch as it should,but by doing that,the n75 is not changing geometry of turbo vanes. I acan also hear a hissing sound arround n75 and egr actuator(black thing on the side of egr which controls flap),when all vac pipe connected as they should. Can it be a bad n75 solenoid? I managed to get vag com connected to the car to see if there were any faults,but there was none,so i am lost now and dont know what should i do next.
I moved n75 up,so it would be easier to get to.
Any thoughts guys?
Many thanks to all.

This topic has 16 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login