I'm new and possibly in trouble....

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

fred funk
Passat model: b5.5

I'm new and possibly in trouble....

Post by fred funk »

Hello!

I've recently bought a B5.5 1.8T 20V after owning a B5 for a few years previous with no issues at all.

It was an absolute bargain, or so I thought! I've recently had the Ignition Coils done through VW after I had a misfire and the EML flash, after searching online for the issue I noticed there had been a recall and this is still open if anyone reading has this issue, all done for FREE!

On the VW visual safety check there were no oil or water leaks present. I checked the oil and topped up a week or so ago and all was good. I 'bumped' the bottom passenger side of the car on my mates driveway when reversing a couple of days ago and I've just tried to start the car and the 'STOP' light appeard and to check coolant level. I have a low level of oily coolant in the expansion tank and mayo all over the oil filler cap and dipstick and lost oil too. I've topped up the coolant and it has dropped already. I've located where the impact happened and it caught behind the passenger wheel under the car.

It's raining hard at the minute and I want to get under the car ASAP, does anyone have a idea where I can start looking? I'm fearing the HG has gone with the mixture of oil and water. There is a mixture of oily water directly under the expansion tank, like something has ruptured? Has anyone had an issue like this before?

Sorry if this has been answered already somewhere, I have tried looking :shock:

I was about to invest in an exhaust and remap and I'm gutted to say the least.

Fred

This topic has 11 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login