Rear passenger door locked...

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

lacroupade
B2
Passat model: B5.5

Rear passenger door locked...

Post by lacroupade »

So, got myself in a bit of a pickle and just wondered if anyone had had a similar trauma.

Started to dismantle the door to replace the locking motor, got to the bit where I needed the window down, only to find that it was electrically dead. I did post a request for help but no response so I assume its got to be a complex electrical fault somewhere. I'm pretty sure the window worked after the locking motor went but its been a while...

Anyway, I digress - during the process I had accessed the allen screw in the back edge of the door that you need to undo to dislocate the cable from the exterior handle. I removed the cable from its channel without mishap, and after reaching the dead end with the window glass, I am POSITIVE that I reseated it. That doesn't mean of course that it didn't somehow fall out again, but the net result is that, having closed the door (with the door card in place) its locked shut - which is probably an MoT fail and is certainly a Controle Technique failure here in France.

I haven't started fiddling yet so just wanted to know if, having got the door card off (and at this stage I don't care if I destroy the poxy thing) will I be able to open the door with either the door button (which doesn't seem to work even though I've managed to pull it up) or the cable that connects to the interior handle (it isn't connected currently because the extremely flimsy plastics on the cable end are broken, preventing it seating properly, hence why I need to remove the door card again.

I'm not expecting much because I guess you'll only know if theres an answer if you made the same dumb mistake I did!

Anyway, have a great weekend all :esm

This topic has 10 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login