car sold.

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

bobfish45
B7
Passat model: b5

car sold.

Post by bobfish45 »

Just before Christmas I bought a pd 130 estate highline. I rectified a couple of inconsequential faults, had a new MOT and put the car on ebay. I know passats have a good following and are popular in the second hand market and mine was in really good condition by anyone's standards, and it was priced very reasonably bearing in mind the high mileage. I sold it after two days to a nice chap from Clithero who knew his vw's.
In the meantime I had dozens of messages from people wanting to give me ridiculous amounts of dosh, and being quite irate at my justified refusal.
This seems to be a new phenomenon, to me at least, the messages are abrupt, ill mannered and so badly spelt that even if the grammar had been correct it would still have been difficult to decipher.
It seems so sad that what used to be a fairly pleasant selling medium has become the victim of the rough end of the multicultural society that successive governments have insisted enriches our lives. Has anyone else had this experience?

This topic has 3 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login