ABS LIGHT Code 01200 ABS valve voltage fuse S53

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

adamharris
still on the production line
Passat model: b5

ABS LIGHT Code 01200 ABS valve voltage fuse S53

Post by adamharris »

Hello folks,
I know this has been dealt with in an old thread but that thread is about 7 years old!
I have a 1999 B5 estate, and it came to me with the ABS light on and brake warning light flashing.
The code is 01200 (I have a cheap hand held code reader).
The issue is, I cannot find the problem! (and its MOT time)
So, I have replaced the ABS module (bought a 2nd hand pump/module) - no
checked the secret second fusebox under the dash - no issues there
checked the wiring harness connectors in the passenger footwell - a grey one was corroded so I by-passed it and made the connections directly - still no joy.
I then, just out of curio, fitted the original ABS module onto 2nd hand pump and connected it (not fitted, just connected the ABS connector onto it) and lay it on top of the unit (fitted to the car) to see if that helped.. I cleared the code, turned the ign off, then back on and lo and behold, the fault did not return!.. I was very happy, so I fitted this set up properly but did not bleed it as I had ran put of time last night.
obviously as I had fiddled with it all to fit it, I had to clear the light again, but it did so with no problem.
Happy, I put all of the dashboard bits back on and jumped in to take the car out of my workshop.... ignition on.... feckin ABS light back on again, and it won't clear (or at least it clears then immediately comes back) :( :((
Now at my wits end... has anyone got any ideas of what the issue could be? - Im now thinking it could be the wiring into the ABS module plug..
Cheers
Adam
Last edited by adamharris on Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

This topic has 10 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login