But you could have a better car!

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

Ross 1.8T
B2
Passat model: B5 1.9 TDi AFN

But you could have a better car!

Post by Ross 1.8T »

"But you could have a better car!" is something I sometimes hear. Our attitude to cars in the UK is that when they're 5 years old, they're no good. We have a SEAT Altea XL 1.6TDi DSG that my wife uses every day, and it's a great car. When people ask me why I drive an old Passat, I have loads of reasons. It's comfortable, it's better built than pretty much anything coming out of the factory today, it's refined, I like the styling, and it does this..............................

40 mile journey, 8 miles in town, 12 on A roads and 20 on the motorway, all driven at the speed limit. My Passat is 17 years old, just over 100k miles, still on the original clutch, injectors and turbo, plenty powerful enough for what she is, doesn't owe me a penny and is super economical. I could spend £300 a month on a newer car before it even turns a wheel, but would I have "a better car"? I doubt it very much.
B5 1.9 TDi AFN about to be breathed on...

This topic has 10 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login