Parking sensors not working, problem found b5.5

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

paulcornwall
still on the production line
Passat model: b5

Parking sensors not working, problem found b5.5

Post by paulcornwall »

Thought I would post this for the benefit of others. I've been trying to find the weather to resolve my rear parking sensor issue. I originally had intermittent problems where it would work sometimes and not others, then all of a sudden it stopped. I checked all the fuses up front and everything seemed fine. I went to the rear sensors and placed my ear to each sensor to hear for the clicking noise - nothing.
So today I take the spare when out of the well and trace the wires to the control box. The control box was sat in 2 inches of water, not surprising it wasn't working. For other owners it might be worth a check as been a lot of rain recently and you may save yourself your control module.
Any how I have tried to save the module by opening it up and trying it out with an air dryer. I replaced the inline fuse and put if back together. The rear screen now works but I'm getting E4 (an error code I can't decipher). I tried vag com but get no response from the unit. Does anyone know what error e4 means?
2001 VW Passat B5.5 1.9TDI 130.

This topic has 4 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login