Turbo oil supply and return questions, please help

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

chappers
still on the production line
Passat model: B5.5

Turbo oil supply and return questions, please help

Post by chappers »

I have a B5.5 1.9TDi year 2001. The turbo oil feed pipe was changed at some point to a braided one with banjos each end and needs replacing as it's leaking and someone's attempts at brazing it have failed.

Because it has a banjo each end, the adapter that would have once been screwed into the turbo oil feed hole is missing, as the banjo was screwed straight on to the CHRA body. Where can I get a replacement or does anyone have it to sell please? If I buy a new solid pipe I can't attach it to the turbo. If anyone has the pipe too it'd be a bonus and save me buying a new one.

The other question is about the oil return pipe and where it screws to the engine block. I've removed the pipe to check it's clear and saw that where it goes into the block, it actually screws on to something else that is screwed into the block. This piece can be unscrewed with a torx but I don't want to unscrew it until I know what it is. Can it affect oil flow back into the sump? Is it a non-return valve or something or just a thread adapter?

Turbo is passing oil through seals so I want to check oil return is clear... Crankcase ventilation is fine. Oil is coming out the egr breather holes and is so bad I need to top up oil every few weeks. Fitting turbo repair kit in case that is the cause too.
Passat 1.9 TDi - 2001 B5.5 AVB 100HP engine.

This topic has 3 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login