New owner woes

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

tyler
B1
Passat model: B5.5

New owner woes

Post by tyler »

Hello forum members

I recently purchased a 2004 B5.5 TDi Passat. I'm not sure what spec designation it is.

My car is running rough, particularly below 2000rpm. When I serviced it last week I noticed that 2 intercooler pipes were leaking at the joints so I cleaned and re-sat them. I took the car over 220 miles yesterday and in the morning it was going great, running incredibly smooth in comparison and pulling like a train! Then on the return trip she got all rough again. I checked all the pipes and connections once home and there were no new leaks.

Also, she smokes alot on start up, just dirty over fueling soot and light puffs on the throttle. But when I floor it I leave a single dense cloud of smoke that other drivers can't even see through. Not a trail just an initial massive dump of smoke.

The other thing is before I corrected the leaks or rather before yesterday's trip I had instant throttle response and could blip the revs so quickly I could do it to music beats. Now the throttle blip is so slow it doesn't even start revving until I'm on equivalent to the third blip...

I've not cleaned the MAF or MAP yet but the engine is performing well in all other areas. Getting 41mpg on my commute of mixed driving.

Can anybody advise where to look? I've searched the forum for individual examples of these problems but not found anything conclusive or similar.

Thanks
Tyler

This topic has 4 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login