Washer pump not working FIXED!!

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

little_geoff
B7
Passat model: B5.5

Washer pump not working FIXED!!

Post by little_geoff »

So this is an old thread, but it's a recurrant problem for me, but today i finally fixed it!!
(Goto layest post please)

Finally got time to look at my screen washer pump, which has been out for months.
The one I have on there was a 2nd hand unit, so I assumed it had just failed. Before I put The new one on I tested the feed wires with a volt meter only to discover it's only supplying 0.7V or -0.7V
I am sure it should be supplying the full 12V as I tested it when I put the motor in last time.
Can anyone tell me what's up?

I checked the Haynes manual and the entire washer system runs off the same 25A fuse apparently. the wipers themselves all work, just not the washer pump. I removed the fuse, and no wipers and no voltage to the washer pump.
The only other options I could see is a duff relay- but the wipers all work, a bad stalk connection...can I just dowse this in.
a bad earth maybe? but where would I find this?
I just confused, but electrics is not my strong point, so any advice more than welcome.

I've replaced the motor with a new one anyways, just to rule that out, and so I don't have to take the arch liner off again.
Last edited by little_geoff on Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2004 B5.5 1.9TDi 130 AWX

This topic has 12 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login