Really bad condensation throughout car with heavy rain

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

dentist69
B3
Passat model: B6

Really bad condensation throughout car with heavy rain

Post by dentist69 »

I have had this car now for 7 months and it has been out in heavy rain before with passengers but never has it been as bad as it was last Friday!

I had all the blowers on going full pelt and i regularly was setting the controls for them to between 19 and hi with the direction set at windscreen or air vents and windscreen together.

To explain it better, these are the settings i used.

1st attempt, Temp Hi, Direction windscreen only, result was fan blew furiously, could feel air over vent at top of dashboard, windscreen demists only bottom half of driver side and all of passenger side. All door windows are steamed up bad.

2nd, Temp Hi, Direction set at windscreen and dash vents, result was fan fell more silent but seemed it was still blowing at same rate, no air coming from dash vents and air at windscreen halved, windscreen mists up again, doors are unbearable.

3rd, Temp 22, direction windscreen only, result fan blowing furiously can feel air and car cools but windscreen mists up, doors are unbearable

4th Temp 22, direction set to windscreen and air vents on dash, result was as 2nd above.

5th and final attempt, Temp set to 19 or lower, windscreen demists slower but demists when set to windscreen only, when button pressed for windscreen and dash vents fan blows furiously and you can really feel the cool air too.

So when the temp is hi, the air flow reduces but you can hear the fan still going as same rate though admittedly it does go quieter if that makes sense but when temp is set to 20 or lower the air comes back. Maybe a reason for the misting im not sure but all the door seals are perfectly fine and still stuck fast as they are intended to be.

I know this is a long post but i am trying to explain exactly in detail what happened and what i tried to do to rectify it as best as possible. Please ask me if you find the above confusing in any way, i apologise if you do but i have done so much work to this car i feel this one might just be the end of me with her. The car was fully laden with 5 passengers inc myself, now thats fair enough i would have expected some misting but it was by far and away the worst experience and ive driven a lot of cars over the years in torrential rain and they have never been as bad as that!
YOU KNOW WHEN YOU START SOMETHING

THEN IT BECOMES FRUSTRATING AND EXPENSIVE

AND YOU JUST WANT TO GET TO THE END ! ! !

This topic has 29 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login