gearbox/diff

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

aks1989
B4
Passat model: B5.5

gearbox/diff

Post by aks1989 »

I've been searching for information on changing gearbox& diff oils. (1.9TDI PD 130 4motion)

I Believe 75w90 was reccomended, some people use 80w90.

Someone mentioned gearbox oil filter

anyone know if this is true, dont get me wrong, on the tractors we had 4/5 filters for oils, hydraulic fluids etc, but I have never heard of one for the gearbox or for the diff on a car at least.

If there is one, where is it, how do I get at it, and wtf do I buy another one from because I have never seen one for sale under service parts for my car haha.

Also,
went into halford's the other day, saw the bargain table and emptied it of course,
among my 10p bargains was 5 bottles of this
tranny fluid.jpg
and yes I did get it for 10p, and not £5 hahahahahaha!

should be ok for my car right?

Another question in response to something I read somewhere, someone said that manual cars share oil between gearbox and diff, this sounds.... far fetched with gearbox and diff in a 4motion and about 5ft between them,
but looking at the boost pipes in my engine bay, they obviously weren't thinking logically when they did the layout, so anything is possible.

Any advice on the above, and any "helpful tips" would be most appreciated :D
ta
Al
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

This topic has 24 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login