cutting out and intermittent juddering

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

jjbjoinery
B1
Passat model: b5.5

cutting out and intermittent juddering

Post by jjbjoinery »

hi, first off, im new to this site as have recently got my passat on the road after some much needed welding work

now then, the main reason ive joined is for some idea as to why it has recently started cutting out 5 mins down the road from cold. when it did it a while back, i took the t piece off the fuel filter and noticed it was dry, so tested the fuel sender which works fine, tested the wiring from relay to sender and replaced the relay (b/n from tps) for good measure, but it still does it. every time it does it i have to put a few squirts of easy start down it to fire it back up, but providing it stays warm after parking up (upto 3 hours) the next journey will be sound, apart from the intermittent juddering. from flat cold it fires up fine, same if warm, just not after it cuts out

managed to get it on vcds and 1 registered code for cylinder 1 intermittent misfire (reads at +2.99 constantly) along with a high maf reading on live data (so fitted a new unit from tps)

since i bought it, its had
oil + 4filters
4x glow plugs (new car, new plugs oil n filters everytime)
2x steel to fuel filter rubber pipes (were slightly cracked)
maf sensor this fixed the high maf reading
coolant temp sensor seems to have helped with cold starting
fuel temp sensor
injector loom cured the judering with a good boost in mpg!!
Last edited by jjbjoinery on Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

This topic has 9 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login