Activated charcoal pollen filters

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

Gazwould
UKPassat's Possie
Passat model: 1.9 AVF Sport

Activated charcoal pollen filters

Post by Gazwould »

After watching last night's Channel 4 Dispatches episode titled The Great Car Con , I feel compelled to invest in one of these Nitrogen Dioxide busters.

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/disp ... sode-guide

The programme featured a test to see who experienced the highest levels.

They tested the nitrogen dioxide levels of a person in a new car , another walking , another on a bus and another on a bike.

The person subjected to the greatest level of nitrogen dioxide was the person in the car !

It seems to have a collecting effect building up to high levels.

Is this why on long motorway journeys we feel drowsy ?

I didn't know such a pollen filter existed to deal with nitrogen oxides because for some strange reason with reg number input to ECP/CP4L websites it doesn't give me the option , just standard pollen filters , which would be a MANN CU 2882 and the activated charcoal more expensive version CUK 2882.

Phoned nearest branch to be told they don't do it hense it didn't come up on their website , however I found one with the twin companies that would fit , it's 1mm shorter and 5 mm taller so more filtration it's a CUK 2862 .

Indigo Blue Sport Wagon

I'd give her some 'trivago'

This topic has 53 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login