Clutch and flywheel problems

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

bepe
B5.5
Passat model: Highline B5.5

Clutch and flywheel problems

Post by bepe »

Right........

See if anyone has any ideas on to what may be wrong?

Basically I had my clutch and flywheel replaced with a Sachs one which was my choice, the garage recommend an LUK one as they can handle more torque. I said I would prefer the Sachs one so they went ahead and fitted it. Upon driving out of the garage after they gave me the all clear after there road test I accelerated about half throttle to a little bit more in 2nd only for it to slip, 3rd 4th and 5th also slipped. To cut a long story short they replaced it with an LUK one, much better feel through the pedal etc no more slip, drove it carefully for 300mile or so then after that I gave it normal spirited driving, 1st,2nd and 3rd gears are fine 4th a slight vibration with little judder to 5th gear horrible judder that shakes the car. This happens at around 1700rpm (where the turbo kicks in) to around 2500rpm (off top of my head)
Anyway I spoke to the garage and they found the clutch and flywheel to be faulty.......replaced with another one....... Only for the replacement for that one to be exactly the same........ So 1 Sachs clutch and flywheel and 2 LUK clutch and flywheels and it still does the same thing?

Car is an AWX 5 speed 1.9tdi......

This topic has 17 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login