Key fob not working....Help!

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

Brickhouse
B3
Passat model: B5.5 SE

Key fob not working....Help!

Post by Brickhouse »

I have searched Google and on here but as yet with no joy. This is what I found on Google which someone in the same position as me put up.............

Key fob not working after replacing battery
My key fob for the central locking does not lock or unlock the doors or boot or seemingly do anything. It became gradually weaker so I replaced the batteries but no luck. I'm having to unlock the passenger door manually then put the key in the ignition to turn the alarm off.

Before I ring the garage, is there anything simple I'm missing?

Re: Key fob not working after replacing battery
does the little red diode bulb on the keyfob come on when press the lock/unlock button on the fob?.

if it does't the the keyfob battery is faulty..

if it does,then you will need to synch. your keyfob to the car,the instructions on how to do this are is the owners manual if you got one.

Ok.....So my little red light is showing so it seems I need to re-synch my key fob, but it seems from more reading you need 2 keys to do this as one of the keys needs to be in the ignition......I only have one key for my car.....Any ideas if I can re-synch my key and how with one key?

Thanks in advance for any help.

This topic has 9 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login