Issues: Mats, rails and wheels (B5.5)

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

Flea
B3
Passat model: B5.5 TDI Wagon

Issues: Mats, rails and wheels (B5.5)

Post by Flea »

Not been on here in a while, I used to have a Red B4 Wagon which unfortunately got written off by a flying starter motor... :(

But now, after three years of Saab ownership I'm back in the world of Passats with a Grey B5.5 Highline TDI Wagon! However, there are a few issues I'm having and I wondered if you gents would give me some pointers!

1. Mats
My car came without mats, so I went to the stealers thinking that the genuine ones would be a nice trouble-free treat. I was wrong... I have the oval stud fitting in the front and the rear. Basically my reg no. brings up a list of about 8 different sets on their system, one of which they had in stock there and then. Unfortunately they were the round stud type which from experience are a pain in the bum... I wanted the original ones! So he ordered me in the oval type and when they came the rears had no stud holes and didn't fit at all. So he re-ordered and now there is a set waiting for me to collect them, but they still have no stud holes in the rear. Does anyone know the accessory number for the mats I had? Because the dealer doesn't!
On a side note, they want £60 for the oval stud mats which are the same mat as the round stud, which are £25! Neither looked particularly high quality either... :neutral:

2. Rails
The foam pads on my roof rails have disintegrated leaving a severe metal-on-metal issue, I have some bubbly rust spots appearing which is really annoying... Any tips on what to do? The foam pads aren't available separately for the Passat by the way, thanks VW...

3. Is there a parts brochure for the B5/B5.5 wheels knocking about anywhere? I know there was one for the B3/4 with all the steelies/parts numbers in...

Cheers guys!

This topic has 8 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login