New and need help already

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

skeeble600
still on the production line
Passat model: B5.5 TDI

New and need help already

Post by skeeble600 »

Hi, i am new to the forum and could do with a bit of help, I have just bought a 2001 passat tdi 130.

I bought it cheap as it had a blown turbo, so bought a new cartridge for it, took the turbo off and fitted new cartridge, while i had the turbo apart i cleaned the vnt nozzels as they were pretty coked up. Also cleaned inlet and egr valve. Put back together last night and took for a drive and drove almost perfect, had a bit of smoke (probs still oil in the intercooler from old turbo) and also a slight engine judder/hesitation above 3k..... other than that she was fine.....

...... until today, it will not rev past 2.5k, it like its hit a rev limiter so i presume is a form of limp mode :-/ I got no CEL light and no codes stored in the ecu..... but also i noticed the the cel does not come on even for a second when first switching ignition on, so i unplugged maf... still no cel. drove car and problem still there, this time with less boost so guess the maf is fine, but if the maf is unplugged, shouldn't it throw a code?

some light on this would be apreciated

This topic has 18 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login