Spent FAR to much money today!!! TDI Clutch Kit

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

philwept_33
B4

Spent FAR to much money today!!! TDI Clutch Kit

Post by philwept_33 »

I decided it was time to bite the bullet and get a new clutch kit inc duel mass flywheel! I have a friend who works in GSF luckily so prices were not as bad as they could have been.

For those of you who dont know i have been after a new clutch since having a full blown remap on my tdi 130. Decided against the limited torque one, sounded too boring!

Still battling with Allard Motorsport over their bounced cheque after they conned me into buying a 5 paddle clutch which would apparently be ok for driving in central london! Ha yeah rite, didnt even bother fitting it after it arrived in the post! After a bit of reserarch there is NO WAY this would do the job for a daily driver.
To see the current state of play with philwept_33 vs allard motorsport click here....

http://ukpassats.co.uk/phpbb/viewtopic. ... 019#p54019

So here is what i have to show for just over £400! I decided to get LUK stuff as i used to use it on my vr6 and is strong well manufactured stuff. SHould be ok for the remapped 130 as i have new pressure plate and flywheel. Fingers crossed. Once i get around to fitting it all, 2 weeks time i will try and make a step by step guide as i have not found one yet and could really do with one.

This topic has 10 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login