New car!

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

stevemac76
B1
Passat model: B5.5

New car!

Post by stevemac76 »

Hi folks, I've gone and bought a new B5.5 for the wife to replace her old Picasso, it's almost the same age and exactly the same colour, the neighbours are going to think we are mad!

Anyway, it has a couple of issues that Id like to deal with quickly: The "STOP, oil press" light, along with the "oil level low" warning shows repeatedly, the last owner has driven the car for over a 1000 miles like this and the car drives fine, no overheating, no noises etc, as well as the actual level being fine, so I concluded it was a faulty sensor. Also, the fuel gauge doesn't appear to work either (wonder if the two things could be related)

I would normally just replace the sensor but I heard that there was a problem with water ingress in the loom under the glovebox that gave dash problems, has anyone else heard of this?

Also, if it was the oil pressure switch was faulty, why does it say low oil level too? Surely both sensors can't be faulty?

Thanks guys

Forgot to mention, it's a 2002 2.0 8v

This topic has 19 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login