Tyres keep going down

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

Rich00p
Too much time on your hands
Passat model: sexy B5.5

Tyres keep going down

Post by Rich00p »

I need some advice, this started just after stonor park...

I noticed my rear nearside tyre had gone down after coming home from the show, automatically thinking I had a slow puncture somewhere I filled it back up and started looking for a replacement, a few days later it went down again, so filled it back up took the whole wheel off and stuck it in a paddling pool just to satisfy myself before spending £100 on new rubber.. not a single bubble could be seen.

Now the offside front tyre has started deflating every few days, and although I've caught it on the arch a few times I can't see any 'serious' damage just a bit of rubber missing, certainly not enough to cause a puncture I would think, and no signs of nails etc..

All tyres have been on the car since I changed the rims about 3 months ago, were filled to 33 psi, the rear nearside and front offside both go down to about 25 within a day or so all within the last few weeks

So... other than the obvious "you've got a puncture" replies, is there anything else which could cause this? overtightening bolts? camber? etc.. I've not had any alignment work done since fitting the suspension..

This topic has 7 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login