Remap? Any ideas?

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: vwnutant, desertstorm, water01

stevemac76
B1
Passat model: B5.5

Remap? Any ideas?

Post by stevemac76 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:49 pm

Hi folks,

Recently bought a lovely 2001 B5.5 1.8t with 150bhp and 137k miles (FSH). Apart from a very jerky throttle response (separate issue) I think this car needs a touch more overtaking power a little lower down the rev range as boost doesn't properly come in till 4k revs. Will a remap address this and how much power can I realistically expect from my little engine without spending silly money tearing it all apart and replacing all the insides!!?

I thought about a stage one or two remap and wondered if anyone knew a decent place in the North of England that would do it for a good price?

Cheers

Steve :)

camturbo
B5
Passat model: B5 20V 1.8T APU
Location: Near Ash in somerset where the tractors and trailers roam!!!

Re: Remap? Any ideas?

Post by camturbo » Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:27 pm

Mine has been remapped up to somewhere between 180-190 possibly,hasnt been rolling roaded though.
Simon from cctech did it as he can come to you plus I think he is a sponser on here.
Have a look on this site as there are group buys from time to time or pm him,im sure he will be able to answer your questions better than me,failing that there are loads of places to get a re map from but that's up to you.
the difference is night and day really

stevegtx
B6
Passat model: b5/b4 tdi saloon

Post by stevegtx » Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:38 pm

I had mine done by simon too ! Top bloke and very happy with mine now

yogib5
Too much time on your hands
Passat model: B5.5 ESTATE AWT

Post by yogib5 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:02 pm

stevemac76 wrote:Hi folks,

Recently bought a lovely 2001 B5.5 1.8t with 150bhp and 137k miles (FSH). Apart from a very jerky throttle response (separate issue) I think this car needs a touch more overtaking power a little lower down the rev range as boost doesn't properly come in till 4k revs. Will a remap address this and how much power can I realistically expect from my little engine without spending silly money tearing it all apart and replacing all the insides!!?

I thought about a stage one or two remap and wondered if anyone knew a decent place in the North of England that would do it for a good price?

Cheers

Steve :)

Hi Steve...welcome to ukpassats

First of all...the standard 1.8t can be a bit lazy...I know I have one...and I live in the north of England

I can highly recommend revolutions in Gateshead for a remap....and powerflow in ashington for a exhaust ( just make sure that the back box doesn't catch the under body ...lol )

Them 2 mods alone will transform your car into a different animal all together...

BELIEVE ME

On a standard engine you will only be able to go for a stage 1...which will be approx £280/£300 at revolutions and should net you 190 bhp...with the freeflow exhaust it should be about 195/200

After that you talking about a front mounted intercooler and bigger turbo...then you will be able to go for a stage 2 remap

There is no need to change the guts of the engine....not till you get all them other mods done first

But changing the guts will set you back mega money...and I dont know anyone on here that's changed them

Believe me...you will run out of money waaaay before then...lol

Good luck
K04-015 turbo...................................Audi 225 bam injectors
Custom remap..................................256bhp/410 nm torque
FMIC with custom made pipes....... long life custom exhaust
3" Decat............................................2.0L conversion red top coil pack's
NGK iridium plugs.............................Forge 008 DV
Silicone tip pipe ................................bilstein b12 suspension kit
312 mm brake conversion...............18" bbs wheels
Single mass flywheel conversion.....Uprated clutch

stevemac76
B1

Post by stevemac76 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:22 am

Thanks for that guys, I'll thin about an exhaust first as mine is looking like it may be getting tired. I'll try that place in Ashington, then throw it in for a remap!!

Cheers again!

Alex W
B6
Passat model: B6 2.0 TFSI

Post by Alex W » Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:04 am

I'd recommens Simon @ CCCtech for a remap however, if your boost is only properly coming on at 4k then you have issues that need addressing before considering a remap.
Team HEKO wind deflectors

Vagasil13
still on the production line
Passat model: B5

Post by Vagasil13 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:41 am

Mine is the 180bhp version and I went to apr racing stage 1 took it to 214bhp and stage 2 is free cost me £299 but they are doing it for £239 at the min

calumvw
UKPassat's Possie
Passat model: A4 1.8T Quattro

Post by calumvw » Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:04 am

Alex W wrote:I'd recommens Simon @ CCCtech for a remap however, if your boost is only properly coming on at 4k then you have issues that need addressing before considering a remap.
X2 there is something wrong . Download VCDS Lite http://www.ross-tech.com/vcds-lite/download/index.html
and buy a cable from Ebay http://www.ebay.co.uk/bhp/vag-com-lead

Scan the car and put the fault codes on here and wait for help on diagnosis. :-bd
The difference between Genius and Stupidity? Genius has a limit!

stevemac76
B1

Post by stevemac76 » Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:15 am

Oh thanks for that guys, I'll certainly check that out. Yeah the car is sluggish as hell around the doors, power only coming on tap like I say at 3.5-4k revs, pta to be honest!!!

Chrissyp83
B1
Passat model: b5.5 variant PD

Post by Chrissyp83 » Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:07 pm

stevemac76 wrote:Oh thanks for that guys, I'll certainly check that out. Yeah the car is sluggish as hell around the doors, power only coming on tap like I say at 3.5-4k revs, pta to be honest!!!
I had a similar issue with mine, turns out I had a split in my N75 valve, so I had a new N75, replaced turbo hoses as some were looking a little flakey and my oil dipstick tube was split so I replaced that as well. I am yet to get mine remapped but got her vag commed 1st - still got to get a map though. I also run mine on Shell V Power and I think this also makes a difference with slick 50 injector cleaner every 4k.

anyone had their Vdub remapped in Norfolk/ Suffolk?
Mr P
B5.5 Variant
PD130??????