Rear speaker not working

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: desertstorm, vwnutant, water01

Critical_Mass
Too much time on your hands
Passat model: B5.5 1.9S TDI SW

Rear speaker not working

Post by Critical_Mass »

Hi all,

Just been trying to fit a new headunit and realised my left rear speaker isnt working. The tweeter works fine, ive swapped the wires out of the headunit onto one of the other speakers and the speaker worked fine.. suggesting its the left speaker thats the issue. The took the door card off and checked it was plugged in (after fixing the window a while ago) and it was. The tweeter works and stops working when i take the plug out of the main speaker.. so the speaker is getting power. Im hoping its not a wiring issue :(

How easy is it to replace the main speaker. Can i simply drill the rivets out and replace them once ive changed the speaker? Is it likely to be the speaker? seems odd.. never noticed it before and hoping its always been like that since i bought the car and the other speakers have masked the issue by drowning the left rear out.

praying its not wiring. How would i check the wiring with a multimeter... im guessing using the continuity setting on the multimeter... just not sure how. I hate electrical issues.
KGB B5 1.9 TDI SE[/color - RIP 23/11/2012
B5.5 1.9 S 130 TDI SW- 24/11/2012 >>>> SOLD 01/05/2018

This topic has 6 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login