NEXT CAR A4 3.2FSI OR S4 ?

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

RUM4MO
B7

NEXT CAR A4 3.2FSI OR S4 ?

Post by RUM4MO »

The time has come to consider changing my car, I've had it from new back in late May 2000 and done 88,000 miles with no problems except a broke front spring. So what to chose to replace?

For common sense and for a reasonable ride quality, I'd like to think that a manual A4 3.2FSI without real "S" springs, but they are very thin on the ground and seemed to stop being sold by end of 2010, which means I'd have to go for a slightly newer A4 3.2TFSI - or should that be A4 3.0TFSI - I have not been able to cut through the A4 specs properly yet. Could be that the 3.2 was never turbo charged, but changed instead into being the S4 3.0 twin supercharged engine, although Audi badge the S4 as V6T - its a confusing strange world.

Anyway, to spread the possibilities/availability of cars and to get a better minimum spec of car, I am willing to go for an S4 with manual box.

So, while I originally wanted a simple strong uncomplicated power unit, like the 2.8 V6 I have, I would have preferred the A4 3.2FSI - but the chance to pick up a 2010> S4 seems too good to pass up as these cars do not exactly fly out of the dealers doors due to high running costs - I'd only do low milage so don't mind that.

Does anyone know if there are any big problems with the S4 3.0 twin supercharger engines if used sensibly - and kept until its maybe 8 years old?

This topic has 2 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login