Hesitation at idle and mid revs.

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

jojo
B5
Passat model: B5 TDI 115PD SE

Hesitation at idle and mid revs.

Post by jojo »

Hi guys, I have a slight problem with my Passat TDI 115, engine code is either ATJ or AJT, don't remember which way round it is. It basically misses a beat every now and then whilst idling, almost like a misfire, and it would do the same midway through reving up the rev range... it's only slight though, I'm just sensitive and notice it... my missus says there's n othing wrong.
I have changed the coolant sensor not long ago, due to starting problems, the new one was black, where as the old item was green. VW guy assures me it's an uprated and modern replacement for the green coolant sensor. And I have replaced the MAF sensor not too long ago also, which brought new life to the engine... can't belive my other half thinks that running with 20% less power is normal lol
So any thoughts?
VW B5 Passat Estate TDI PD 115 | 18" RS6(V2) Replica's | Autotechnics -40mm springs/KYB shocks | Debadged Grill | Tinted windows | Xenon Headlights
VW Mk2 Golf GTI 16V 5door | Helios Blue | Full S/S Scorpion Exhaust System.

This topic has 8 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login