WARNING

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

new to vw
B5

WARNING

Post by new to vw »

Hubcentric spacers.......as some of you lovly people have seen i have a set of A3 rims on my passat...i needed to use spacers because the rear wheels where hitting the rear springs....so i got a set of 20ml spacers, they went on great and so did the wheels...bolts tourqed upto 1oonm.....
2 weeks later the wheel bolts came loose so out came the tourqe wrench again.., this happend 3 more times once when i was going up the m40 when i heard a clacking sound...(best way of describing it)the wheel had started to come of the spacer....
got to doncaster and talked to a couple of guys there that i know who looked at it for me......
they re-tourqed all the wheel bolts for me..3 miles down the road and the noise came back,so i spun car around and went back to the garage...it turned out to be the bolt's were to long for the spacers and were being tourqed up against the wheel hub.....all the bolts had to have 2ml taken of them........
now there's something to think about??????? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
B5 does not leak 2.8 V6 30v 4Motion
TO DO LIST

Debadged grill.....DONE
All controll arm's....DONE TRADE STYLIE
Aero blades.....DONE
And some nice AUDI wheels i aint seen on a passat before???....DONE
20ml Hubcentric spacers on all wheels....DONE

MFD B.....IN AND SOUNDING GOOD

This topic has 7 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login